Saturday, March 26, 2011

You look pretty! *


I had a really great Friday night.

After work I went to a café, fully intending to study and do my homework. I had my computer-science book with me. I had my chocolate iceblend with whipped cream by my side and my computer was ready to program some java.

What did I do?

I opened a word document and started typing.

I ended up with 2300 wonderfully messy new words on my story. Apart from this blog, I hadn’t been writing for a few weeks. The feeling of the words just flowing from me and into the story was amazing.

You might think that it all ended there. That I just got home and went to bed and that was the end of a very good day.

It wasn’t. It got better.

I called my sister, asking if she wanted to hang and I ended up going to her place.

She was reading my blog as I entered her apartment and was getting worried by the teen-angstiness of my recent posts.**

She decided I needed some cheering up and we watched a really funny episode of Supernatural (the one with this clip in it – seriously, I love Dean Winchester).

The evening could have ended there. I mean. It’s still a really good Friday night.

It didn’t.

We watched a DVD made by Susan Hay called Heal your Life. My sister thought I needed the motivational boost and I’ve got to say she was right. I would like to do a whole blogpost about the thoughts it started in me, the quotes I remember from it and how I stayed at my sister until 2 am talking about it.

But let me say this. I’ve found my mantra. It’s subject to change at any time, but right now?

I love myself. I forgive myself.

I love myself just as I am. I forgive myself for all the bad I’ve done and all the good I’ve neglected. And I’m letting go of all resentment.

I love myself. I forgive myself.

Have a great day everybody!

* I coudn't think of a title for this post, so instead I've distracted you with a compliment. You really do look pretty. And yes. I like you too.

** Yeah. Ehm. I use this blog as an outlet for my dreams, doubts and frustrations. I don’t take my negativity out on other people. What good would it do them to hear me whine? At least when it’s in its written form, people can gloss over it or jump to the next blogpost. In real life I’m kind of all smiles, all the time. I wouldn’t say I’m faking my happiness, because I don’t. I just don’t see the point in moping around. What good does that do? But all the angst and sadness has to emerge at some point, and this blog is where I choose to let it out.

No comments: