Monday, March 7, 2011

Back to reality

I'm sitting at my local cafe and trying to get used to being back in my life. I am unbelievably tired, but it's a good kind of tired, you know?


People keep asking me what I did while I was in London and I haven't been able to give a coherent answer yet. It's all jumbled, like the narrative of what I did is still being sorted out in my mind.

I'm sitting here, trying to get to some sort of point, but I don't think there is one. I'm glad to be back though.

Of course I spent some time in the bookstores. During my time in one, I saw Paranormalcy by Kiersten White and I couldn't help but smile. I've read her blog for a couple of years and followed her on her road to publication (you should read her blog too, it's here).

Is it weird that I'm proud of her, because of what she has accomplished? I've never met her, but through her blog I've come to feel like I know her. She is filled with life and positive energy (which might at least partly be because, she has Dr. Pepper running trough her veins instead of blood) and she just seem like a genuinely nice person. She has on occasion spoken openly about some of her struggles, including fighting depression as a teenager and I admire her honesty, openness and general awesomness. To see her dream of being published come true is something that makes me happy.


Sometimes, good things happen to good people. Everytime it does, it gives me hope that if I just strive to be a good person and follow my heart, then good things will happen to me as well.

Perhaps life really is as simple as that.

2 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

OHMYGOODNESS I just scrolled down and saw that you went to a DW conference... I am SOOOOO jealous right now. I also love that I can come to your blog to look at David Tennant whenever I want :)

I've been reading Kiersten for a while now, too, and I was so happy when I finally read her book! Happiness is contagious.

Cat Jensen said...

Haha you almost inspired me to do another David Tennant post. He's just so dreamy. (instead I give you a singing Hugh Laurie)

And your right. Happiness is contagious.

Btw, the Dr. Who Experience is going to be moved permanently to Cardiff, Wales, so if you want to, you will be able to go.