Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fluffy mind-melt

I stayed up all night and watched Doctor Who with a friend. 12 episodes, booya!

But alas, I am now paying the price. I feel like I've been zombiefied ( huh, so the spell-check doesn't think that zombiefied is a word. That's a shame.)

 
Picture of Doctor Who because I mentioned him. And because I like looking at him. He seems like he's thinking deep thoughts too. Or maybe trying to use a psychic mind-melt power on me.

Anyway. I've been doing a lot of staring into space today and thinking really deep thoughts that go absolutely nowhere because I can't seem to focus on them long enough. I was supposed to do my homework today. To research how to pay taxes in the US. To write on my WIP.

I've done none of the above.

Instead I've been contemplating what the core of my stories are, and in extension what the core of my life is. To explain. I recently read this blog entry about the core of the your novel and how you can change anything in your story, as long as the core remain intact.
It seemed like a really good concept and it got me thinking about what the core of some of my stories have been. Of course, being nothing, if not narcissistic, I also started thinking about what the core of my life is. What is the one thing that I absolutely will not change about myself? The one constant in my life?

(It's easy to base the core of your life on something that isn't really yours, but that's a blogpost for another day.)

I didn't find the answer I was looking for - my brain is pretty much mush today after all - instead my mind wandered into the territory of what my philosophy of life is.

I believe that it doesn't really matter what you do with your life or where you are in the world. Those things are simply the extra filing of the cake that is your life, so to speak. What matters is how you act. And I believe, that as long as you act with enthusiasm and kindness, you will find happiness - no matter where you are and what you're doing.

So this is me, being an enthusiastic and kind zombie for the rest of the day. 

No comments: