Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pityful Party Ahead


I feel weird.

Leaving is hard.

Why did I decide to do this to myself?

I feel like I'm deliberately trying to cut the strings that bind me to my life and to my loved ones. It hurts.


Maybe I'm just being melodramatic.

This wasn't  something I'd expected I'd feel. Truth be told, I don't know what I expected.

They never tell you about this part. Some smile and envy you. Others tell you that it will be hard. But they never tell you the details.

How do you decide who you spend the last few days with? How do you say goodbye to your boyfriend? How do you smile and stay strong so your family won't worry?

I can do all of the above. I know I can. It's just seems hard right now.

3 comments:

Gap_Theory said...

Where's your fucking Olympic spirit? You're with the winning team now.

Cat Jensen said...

DK have won two gold medals so far.

This was the reaction for one of them: http://youtu.be/zBGZ-4_KeNg

(Pardon the excess of Danish words in the video)

Yes. We don't win gold very often. We get excited. And sing silly songs. Badly.

Gap_Theory said...

We won 11 medals yesterday. You're gonna love it over here.