Thursday, April 14, 2011

It takes a crane ...

... to build a crane. All those tall buildings weren’t just put up over night. It wasn’t easy to build them. It wasn’t even possible to do so, without first creating a support system.

Of course, once the product is finished, you don’t see all the things you had to do to make it possible. You only see the result. You imagine that it must have gone from thought, to idea, to product in straight forward, logical progression.

That’s how stuff gets made, right?

I mean, who’d go through all the trouble of building a crane, to build a crane, to build a building. That just seems silly.

Riiight.

Sometimes, writing a story is like building a crane, to build a crane, to build a piece of story that I'm not even sure is going to be used.

Yes. It’s silly. Sometimes it even seems like a downright waste of time.

But today I’m happy just building my cranes. One crane at a time.

Because it takes two floors to make a story and I really want to build this story. And I happen to like cranes.

No comments: