Saturday, April 16, 2011

6 years


I was having an evening out with a friend from high school I haven’t seen in a long time. We were talking about how it’s been almost 6 years since we graduated. Time does fly sometimes, doesn’t it?

And then we looked ahead. In 6 years time, we’ll both be 30. And where will we be then? What do we wish to have accomplished by then?

My friend wants to travel through Australia and get on with her studies. She’s already a trained nurse, but she wants more. She needs to utilize more of her abilities. Saving lives isn’t enough for her. I personally think she might end up playing a part in revolutionizing the health-care system in Denmark.

And me? I want to explore the great US of A. I’m thinking a road trip – at least 3 months – spent driving down every road I find interesting, and probably a few that will bore me to tears. I plan on getting lost and finding something in return (no I don’t know what, but I’m sure it will be profound [yes I'm naive that way]).

 Picture of Aaron Paul.
Because someday I really do want to be in a car with him and a big bag of money. 

The road trip is just a matter of having enough cash saved up. It’s the easy part.

What I need to accomplish in these 6 years that might actually take some effort from me, is to keep writing and working on getting my stories published.  I want to have sent manuscripts of into the world. I want to share my stories.

Road tripping and writing. Sounds like a solid plan, right?

No comments: