Thursday, April 30, 2015

Messy McMessy

I recently visited a friend, who was in town and staying at somebody else's place.

This place was like something out of a magazine in terms of its chic decor. Even though it was in the middle of Copenhagen it was spacious and artsy and filled with curiosity items. Not enough to make it seem like a lost&found but just enough to make it quirky and charming.

Right now I'm sitting on my bed, looking at the laptop-screen, thankful I can't see my room.

If I were to look beyond my computer I wouldn't be able to see the floor. It's covered in stuff,

And not cute stuff. No. Just layers and layers of STUFF.

It's a complete mess.

I have so many things that I don't even know where to put them.

I'm not the kind of person who collects random shit. But because of my mom's passing, there's been an increase of stuff - clothes mostly. And no where to put it.

I would love to live in a place that was spacious. That had room for cute, artsy things.

The things you own definitely end up owning you, and right now I'm feeling lost.

The good news? There's a way out of this mess.

The bad news? It requires hard work and lots of boxes.

I've ordered the boxes from Ikea, so I guess what's left now is the hard work,

No comments: