Monday, February 10, 2014

Update and Zombie-Snails?

So. If you haven’t figured out yet, I update this blog when I’m trying to avoid dealing with my life. 

But my life right now? It’s pretty decent. 

I’m done with school. Got my master’s degree. Yup. I am now a Master of IT. Got an A too on my thesis. Booyah.
I got a freaking awesome job at a huge company. I’ll actually be travelling abroad. Hotels and airports here I come!

And while that’s nice and well, I don’t walk around feeling grateful everyday. Maybe I should? But I’m actually annoyed at all the menial crap I still have to do, like doing the dishes and the laundry. And getting up every morning. So annoying. 

I feel like I don’t quite know how to relax. It’s like I only have two settings: Super awesome ninja-woman, doing everything at once and doing it to perfection. Or Zombie-snail. There is not middle ground. I’ve been sliding into zombie snail territory. Next weekend I’ll binge watch House of Cards. That’s going to be fun. I need to catch up on Game of Thrones, too.

Me as a zombie-snail. This would be as I was watching the latest Sherlock episode - source

Fuck it. I’m just going to chill for a few weeks until my new job starts and then I’m sure I’ll be back to my old busy self. And if not, I’ll find something to fill my nights with. Possible Sons of Anarchy or The Wire.

No comments: